Thursday, March 3, 2011

South of the Border... er... West End Mexican

Just a quick shout-out blog to share my awesome experience today at Habanero Taqueria. I got the idea to try this place from a fellow food blogger and critic (RVAFoodie), who happened to share another foodie blogger's experience at this authentic taco joint as well.

I took my co-worker, Jessica, with me and headed to Quioccasin Road, just off of Parham Road in the West End (near Regency Mall). It's very close to my office so I was thrilled. We ordered the 3 tacos for 4.99 lunch special - 1 chicken, 1 steak and 1 "al pastor" (pork). The meats were cooked and seasoned perfectly. The homemade fresh salsa was heaven - diced onion, tomatoes and cilantro. What's not good with cilantro??? YUM.

Not a lot of room for seating, and I worry that if you get the tacos to-go, the corn tortillas will be mush before you make it back to work, but I'll give it try next time and let you know. Definitely a "regular" lunch spot for me in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked those tacos. Three for $5 is pretty sweet. If they have sopes, gorditas, or tortas, try those. Also, horchata.

    ReplyDelete