Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend Bliss

Since I decided to start this blog over a weekend filled with awesome RVA food, I think I'll share my experiences with you since they are fresh in my head... er... stomach?


We'll start with dinner at Julep's New Southern Cuisine. If you ever want to be wined and dined southern style and with class and elegance, Julep's is the place to be. I felt so cared for during the entire meal. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is quaint, sophisticated and comfortable. Every time I've dined at Julep's, I pick a seafood entree. Last night's Seared Florida Grouper was a pure delight. The Citrus-Smoked Paprika Glaze was served with Lobster Meat, Roasted Sweet Corn-Vidalia Onion-Avocado Salad and Lime-Chili Butter Sauce. The fish was hot and tender while the cool salsa underneath made for an excellent combination. And always try their soup. Soup is one of my favorites things to eat, and their crab bisque was nothing short of heavenly.



Next up: Millie's Diner! I've been wanting to try Millie's every since I moved to the Fan 3 years ago. While brunching in the Fan is fun and eventful, the trek down to Church Hill is worth it. The restaurants down in Shockoe Bottom and Church Hill have incredible menu's, and to-die-for brunch options. Millie's Diner is no exception. My first dining experience at Millie's rocked. We ordered Castro's Mess and of course 2 rounds of bloody mary's. Both are hot and spicy, just the way I like my food. I've included the description of Castro's Mess below along with a photo. Let me tell you, there was no mess left after we finished our entire plates of food.

Now all that's left to do today is hit the trail for a long run. And eat leftovers of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment